The beautiful Jumolhari Trek highlights the great diversity that the Bhutanese landscape has to offer. You will pass through thick pine forests, scattered hamlets and alpine meadows that lead to the high pastureland where yak herders graze their animals. Highlights include the fabulous views of snow-capped mountains such as Mt. Jumolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake and camping overnight at the base of Mt Jumolhari. It is a difficult route attaining a maximum altitude of 15,114 ft and requires trekkers to have very good physical fitness. Before and after your trek, there will also be time to visit the sites of Paro and Thimphu.
Season: The ideal time for this trek is Apr-June & Sep- Nov.
- DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
- DAY 02: PARO
- DAY 03: PARO – SHANA (6hrs)
- DAY 04: SHANA – SOIL THANGTHANGKHA (8hrs)
- DAY 05: SOIL THANG’KHA – JANGOTHANG (8hrs)
- DAY 06: JANGOTHANG – LINGSHI (8hrs)
- DAY 07: LINGSHI – SHODU (8hrs)
- DAY 08: SHODU – BARSHONG (7hrs)
- DAY 09: BARSHONG – DOLAM KENCHO (6hrs)
- DAY 10: D. KENCHO – DODENA/THIMPHU (3hrs)
- DAY 11: THIMPHU – PARO
- DAY 12: DEPART PARO