The Druk Path Trek is a moderate, six-day trek. This popular trek offers beautiful views as you cross the chain of mountains that separate the Paro and Thimphu valleys. This route is also famous for its spectacular rhododendron forests and wonderful high altitude lakes teeming with fish. There will be a number of temples and dzongs to visit on the way, and in the clear weather of late autumn and winter there are great views of the Himalayas. As well as being able to visit the sites of Paro and Thimphu before and after the trek, you may also enjoy a day excursion to the Punakha valley to visit the imposing PunakhaDzong.
Season: This trek is usually possible from late February to June and from September to December.
- DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
- DAY 02: PARO
- DAY 03: PARO – JELE DZONG (5 hrs)
- DAY 04: JELE DZONG – JANGCHULAKHA (4hrs)
- DAY 05: JANGCHULAKHA – J’LANGTSHO (4hrs)
- DAY 06: JIMILANGTSHO – SIMKOTA (4hrs)
- DAY 07: SIMKOTA – PHAJODING (4hrs)
- DAY 08: PHAJODING – THIMPHU (3hrs)
- DAY 09: DAY EXCURSION TO PUNAKHA
- DAY 10: THIMPHU – PARO
- DAY 11:DEPART PARO