The Dagala Thousand Lakes Trek passes by picturesque lakes, Alpine meadows, abundant wildlife and many yak herder camps set to a backdrop of magnificent mountainous landscapes. The centrepiece of this communion with nature is time spent exploring the high altitude lakes overflowing with trout and mystical history. It is a moderate trek with mostly short trekking days, but includes a few steep climbs. This trek is a great option for those with a desire to experience the variety of flora and fauna in Bhutan, and capture a glimpse of the local nomadic lifestyle. Also includes a tour of the fascinating sites of Thimphu and Paro.
Season: Apr – Sep and October.
- DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO
- DAY 02: PARO
- DAY 03: PARO – GUR (4-5 hours)
- DAY 04: GUR – WATACHING (5 hours)
- DAY 05: WATACHING – LABATAMA (4-5 hours)
- DAY 06: LABATAMA – PANKA (5-6 hours)
- DAY 07: PANKA – TALAKHA MONASTERY (5-6 hours)
- DAY 08: TALAKHA MONASTERY – THIMPHU
- DAY 09: THIMPHU
- DAY 10: THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
- DAY 11: PUNAKHA – THIMPHU
- DAY 12: THIMPHU – PARO
- DAY 13: DEPART PARO