The Bumthang Cutural Trek explores the highlights of the Bumthang valley, the religious heartland of Bhutan, and home to some of its oldest Buddhist temples and monasteries. This gentle three-day trek passes through several villages on its route through Bumthang’s countryside of meadows, blue pine forests and mountains of scrub bamboo. It is perfect for the average trekker who wants to enjoy breathtaking mountainous views, visit remote sacred sites and meet with locals. It is especially recommended for lovers of nature. This trek also features a cultural tour through the beautiful western valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha.
Season: This trek is recommended from March to May and then again from September to November.
- DAY 01: ARRIVE PARO – THIMPHU
- DAY 02: THIMPHU
- DAY 03: THIMPHU – TRONGSA
- DAY 04: TRONGSA – BUMTHANG
- DAY 05: BUMTHANG – NGANG LHAKHANG (4hrs)
- DAY 06: NANG L’HANG – UGYENCHOLING (8hrs)
- DAY 07: UGYENCHOLING – BUMTHANG (4 hrs)
- DAY 08: BUMTHANG – PUNAKHA
- DAY 09: PUNAKHA – PARO
- DAY 10: PARO
- DAY 11:DEPART PARO